Rävala pst 8, Tallinn 10143
tel 610 3500 faks 610 3501
ecaa at ecaa dot ee
Application of the requirements of EU regulations 1178/2011 and 290/2012 (FCL) in Estonia
In addition to our earlier information on the decision not to apply the provisions of Annexes I-VII to the Regulation 1178/2011 (as amended by Regulation 290/2012) until 8 April 2013, Estonia will further derogate from the provisions of the Regulations 1178/2011 and 290/2012 and
has decided to make use of the following derogations from the Regulation 1178/2011 under Article 12(2):
- not to apply the provisions related to pilot licences of powered-lift aircraft, airships, balloons and sailplanes until 8 April 2015;
- not to apply the provisions of Subpart B until 8 April 2015;
- not to apply the provisions of points FCL.800, FCL.805, FCL.815 and FCL.820 until 8 April 2015 ;
- not to convert non-JAR-compliant aeroplane and helicopter licences issued until 8 April 2014;
- not to apply the provisions of the Regulation 1178/2011 to pilots holding a licence and associated medical certificate issued by a third country involved in the non-commercial operation of aircraft specified in Article 4(1)(b) or (c) of Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 until 8 April 2014;
- not to apply the provisions of Section 3 of Subpart B of Annex IV to the Regulation 1178/2011 until 8 April 2015.
Estonia has decided to make use of the following derogation from the Regulation 290/2012 under Article 2:
- not to apply Annexes VI and VII to training organisations providing training only for the light aircraft pilot licence, private pilot licence, balloon pilot licence or sailplane pilot licence until 8 April 2015.
The reason for postponing the application of the above mentioned provisions is the need to enable the persons and organisations whose activities are regulated by the above mentioned provisions to adjust their activities to the new requirements.